Mathematics is critical in helping us all to understand and change the world. It plays a vital role in many aspects of our everyday life. The subject of Mathematics provides us with a broad range of skills for problem solving, logical reasoning and flexible thinking.
At Ernest Bevin Academy, we have redesigned our Key Stage 3 schemes of learning to reflect the new National Curriculum for Mathematics. Our KS3 students complete a 2-year programme of study for KS3 and then proceed to go onto a 3-year GCSE programme. Our schemes of learning are intended to develop the skills set out in the National Curriculum as well as to nurture a sense of curiosity and confidence about mathematics.
Sparx Maths – Select your school
Students’ will need their Microsoft office 365 username and password to be able to sign in on Sparx Maths via the Student login portal
- How does Sparx approach accessibility? FAQs > Sparx Maths Homework FAQs > how-does-sparx-approach-accessibility
- Engaging parents/carers How to > Getting started with Sparx > Engaging parents/carers > engaging-parents
- Engaging parents/carers Become a Sparx expert > Implementing Sparx in your school > engaging-parentscarers
- Engaging parents/carers Become a Sparx expert > Boosting your homework rates > engaging-parentscarers-4
- Why are there lots of topics with the same name? FAQs > Content and schemes of learning FAQs > why-are-there-lots-of-topics-with-the-same-name
The Academy also uses Pearson Active Learn, a platform linked to the textbooks used in lessons. Students should check their login details with their maths teacher.