At Ernest Bevin College we recognise the importance of working with parents and carers to ensure the very best for all pupils in the college. The College uses the My Ed app as the main way of sending information home. Please download the app by clicking the link below.
My Ed app– App for your smart phone with general information about the college and details unique to your child. Please note from September 2019 the My Ed app is the main, and only means, by which the College sends home reports and other important information for parents. It is therefore vital that every parent downloads the app and is registered on My Ed to receive updates from Ernest Bevin College about your child.
Instructions for using My Ed
- Download My Ed app onto your mobile phone from your app store and choose Ernest Bevin College as your school
- Select a School: click on Ernest Bevin College and it will take you to the EBC My School home page where you will see three options Report Absence/School Diary/School Information. there are also three lines in the top right hand corner which allow you to Scan QR Code/School Settings/Security Settings/Switch School/Sync Data
- Refresh: Use the Sync Data funciton which can be found under the three lines in the top right hand corner of the home screen
- Students: your child will be connected to your account by matching the phone number you are using with the one the College holds on it’s data base (SIMS) but this update is done overnight so it may take 24-48 hours for your child to appear under Students after you first down load the app
- Click Students (button at the bottom centre of your screen) and it will take you to Your Children page. Click on your child’s name and you will see their Attendance, Absence, Timetable, Achievement and Behaviour points
- If your child does not appear within 48 hours of downloading the app, it is most likely the college does not have the phone number you are using on its database. Please contact the college office to check and update your contact details (this should be done via the phone if possible so we can verify your identity)
- If we have the right phone number but you cannot see your child’s information. Please also ask the office to check that you are listed as a Priority 1 contact. Every student can have more than one priority 1 contact and we send messages to all Priority 1 contacts.
- If you haven’t received messages in a while please open a previous message. We have had issues with the system classifying parents as inactive users if they do not open messages regularly.
- Messaging: click on the messaging button at the bottom right of the screen to check for new messages regularly. This is where we send information home. These messages are short and usually contain a link which you must click on to read the full message eg a form to say you will attend parents’ evening, your child’s report, a letter of the Bevin Bulletin etc
- Report Absence: to report a child’s absence, click Report Absence. Please send your child’s name, tutor group and a brief reason for absence.