At Ernest Bevin College we promote a programme of student support and well-being. This page contains links to information that can be accessed by students at the college.
If a pupil is unhappy or concerned about their own well-being or that of another pupil they should:
- Pupils can speak to their tutor, head of year or any adult in the college
- Pupils can also speak to Mr Sullivan, Ms Nelson, Mr Sarah, Mr Kay, Mr McCarthy or Ms Dobinson, the EBC Designated Safeguarding Leads. Mr Sullivan is Senior DSL.
- Pupils can use the SHARP system, an online system to report concerns.
- Pupils should tell their parents and ask them to raise the matter with the college.
- EBC works with the LA Prevent Co-ordinator & staff are trained to recognise signs of radicalisation. Referrals will be made to the Channel Programme if appropriate. To find out more about preventing young people being drawn into terrorism, click on this Educate Against Hate